The season between Thanksgiving and Christmas goes by all sorts of names, depending on who you talk to, and you probably even have your own name for it. If you haven’t embraced the “reason for the season,” you might want to give it some serious thought. It’s not too late!
Joining with others in giving back for the blessings that have been bestowed on you is a great way to make it joyful and memorable for you as well.
But how do you do that? How do you give back without literally taking what you’ve received and handing it over to someone else?
Well, there are several ways you can give and receive the benefits of “giving back.” Here are a few for your consideration:
- Serve others by donating your time and talent. Our time is the most precious gift we can give to others. There are numerous opportunities to bless others with your time. Spending time at an assisted living facility, serving food, or children’s hospital are just a few ways to help others.
- Donate cash, food, clothes, toys, or other gifts. Sometimes the most direct way to give is to donate money or goods to a needy individual or organization. Your contribution can make a meaningful difference in an individual’s life or a program’s ability to help the masses. It’s easy to embrace the season when you realize how much you are appreciated!
- Adopt a pet. Taking an abandoned pet into your home is one of the most heartwarming things you’ll ever experience! Animals have a direct way of showing gratitude by giving back unconditional love and loyalty.
- Count your blessings. Sometimes all it takes is a sincere appreciation of all the blessings you’ve received. When you take a moment to look at all you’ve received and achieved, you’ll realize that you have more than you imagined and can then feel free to share your wealth – financial and spiritual – with others.
- Spend precious time with those you love. Special memories with family members and other loved ones are worth more than their weight in gold. It’s an incredible feeling to let those closest to you know how important they are to you. That’s probably the best gift you’ll ever give them.
The reason for the season can mean what you want it to mean. You can embrace it by choosing your own particular way to give back to others while giving thanks for all you’ve received. God gave us His most precious gift, which is why we celebrate Christmas.
“Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”-2 Corinthians 9:7
Customize the season to fit your life and cater to the things that are important to you. Taking this approach enables you to get the most out of this season and ensures that you can make new memories that you’ll cherish each year forever.
Have you embraced the reason for the season?
What can you expect when five world-class leadership experts come together on stage? Click HERE to find out!